Monday, May 25, 2009

random ramblings from the crazy chick

So, I've totally been shirking my blogging duties lately, but I have a really good excuse....uhm, well a passable excuse at least :D

I've been juggling work and three different church callings for awhile now, and it's sorta been taking it out of me, but the good news is that I've got a decent summer break coming up. :) So for now I'll just take a second and throw out some random sound bites about my life.

~I've been working with the Special Needs Mutual as the young womens instructor since February or so, and it's been one of the coolest and most fulfilling jobs I've ever had. The kids that I work with are incredibly awesome, and I've come to appreciate them as my true celestial friends. We just put on our yearly play on May 15th, and I've never been so proud as when I was watching my kids strut their stuff onstage. The 40's never did look so fantastic! :D Our mutual takes a break between June and August and while I'm looking forward to a little free time, I'm gonna miss my kids like crazy.

~Girls camp is still coming up waaaaayyyy too fast. It seems like just yesterday they called me and all of a sudden we're leaving for camp in two weeks!! It's been fun getting stuff ready and getting the girls excited to go, but it's also been some tiring work. It's awesome though, how when I feel like I'm never gonna get everything done that I have to get done, all of a sudden something will come up and everything will fall into place. The power of prayer is truly wonderful.

~The kitties are still good, they're just doing the same old same old. Life is always exciting for a cat you know.

~Work is good. We've been crazy busy quite often lately, which is a really great thing in this economy. We're losing one of our best workers at the beginning of june, but she's being replaced by a pretty awesome chick, so it looks like things are gonna work out.

~I totally scored some decent seats to the Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick show coming up in August, so I've got something to look forward too :D :D :D

And with that high note, I believe I'll wrap up these random ramblings and go take a nap.
Later!

1 comment:

Shayla and James said...

It definately sounds like you have been busy but in good ways. I am glad that you do love your callings and are having fun between being busy. Wahoo for great seats to the concert.