Saturday, May 30, 2009

BASh!!!!

Ok, so I totally wasn't planning on going to the Big Ass Show this year, but then the day of the show I get a phone call at work and my friend Jake had scored some VIP passes to go!! How does a girl turn that down?!?! So I took half the day off and we totally went wild at the show. We were a little late getting there, but we made it in time to catch Airborne Toxic Event (THEY'RE AMAZING!!!!), Alkaline Trio, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Unwritten Law and.... THE OFFSPRING!!!! The whole thing was amazing, because we had these VIP badges on lanyards that got us pretty much everywhere. You never quite know how respect feels until a cranky old parking lot attendant looks at your VIP badge and says "very good sir, pull into that lot closest to the stage". Since we had the VIP badges we got to go down into the mosh pit, which is totally the best place to be at a show like that. I, being a somewhat ditzy girl sometimes, wore my flip flops so now there are some VERY gnarly and awesome looking bruises on my feet from being stepped on numerous times. We were deep in the front of the pit for The Offspring and were so close that if Dexter had spit, we totally would've been able to be spit on by DEXTER FROM THE OFFSPRING!! I was lucky enough to be in the pit with my friend Jake who's like 6 feet tall and solidly built so he did the decent thing and made sure to toss the crowd surfers away who kept falling on my head (the people around us had no concept of how to keep somebody up and surfing, so I had about 5 people fall smack on my head and neck). Another awesome thing that happened was that somehow Jake became the go-to guy to throw the emo kids up on the crowd to surf. Once on 90 lb emo girl sees that you can do it, then they all want you to toss them up there. He was a good sport about it though and just kept tossing them up there. All in all, it was a totally amazing experience and definately worth the bruises and shin splints :D

No comments: